Jun 2, 2008

Reflections on McWane

So, Laurie and I wanted to spend some time together today and get the girls (and Capp) together for some play time (I'm really REALLY sad to say that the last time we really were able to spend time together was Easter - how PATHETIC is that?). Anyway, we headed to McWane. It was a bit eerie pulling into the parking deck and having to get a visitor slip and then having the freedom to park on level B (employees have a parking pass and park on D or above). But once I walked in, I realized just how much I have missed my friends.

Laurie was about 20 minutes behind me so I took the opportunity to go up to admin and see my friends. It was great catching up and seeing the new facilities. I left on good terms, but it wasn't really the best of circumstances so it was nice to be reminded of why I loved working there - the people.

After our visit, Laurie and I took the kiddos to the new exhibit "Itty Bitty Magic City" and then to lunch and finally some time in the Mouse House (or House of Mouse - as Laurie called it - HA HA HA) and at the water table in Just Mice Size. I have to say it was nice to experience McWane as a parent again and not an employee... it was nice to walk in without having to quote the Psalms and pray for silence. It was just nice. Visit it if you haven't, buy a membership if you can - it's well worth the price AND a very worthy cause.

Here are some pics from my time at McWane - good, fun, fantastic times and good friends for a lifetime.

This was during Spring Break camps when we were the "enforcers" sent to keep the kids waiting to be collected from running into the Lobby. What a great safety procedure - would you be scared?

Human table - Jan, Laura, Kathy and Rachel.

Don't even ask - Tarby the Tyrannasaurus (no way I spelled that right). Ann, Jeff, Chandler and Janet with Tina playing Tarby.

The dynamic duo - me y Lara.

Hanging out during a Spring Break ice cream party - Molly, Clay, Molly, Amanda and Pam.