Jun 7, 2008

Changes in Attitudes

I don't know if it's that we're older or wiser but one things for sure, we aren't stupid. Kevin, Laurie, John and I headed to Atlanta for the Jimmy Buffett concert on Thursday night. Perhaps one of the best set lists we've ever heard, or perhaps it is because this is the first Buffett concert that I can clearly remember because I was stone cold sober. It's a much better way to enjoy the atmosphere and the music.

I knew we were in for it when we had young ladies on either side of us "tossing their cookies" three hours before the show even started. In fact, one of the young women was so long gone that her EMS friends hooked her up to a saline IV. WOW. That's bad.

Perhaps the best part of the 24 hours we were gone was not having to wake up at 5:30 and fix breakfast for the girls. We headed to the Flying Biscuit for a fantastic breakfast and then to Lenox mall for some shopping.

It was perhaps our last Buffett concert - and very worth it.

flipper man. After this picture, he poured the entire contents of his cup on Laurie and I - it made me a bit nauseated - who knows what was in that cup!


Our before shot...

Hanging out with our next door tailgate neighbors - Laurie (on my right), Bootie on Laurie's right...


Our perch on the back of the 4Runner. Laurie, Richard, Molly, Fish and Erin

Our tailgate - we did it right - simply.