May 3, 2008

New Beginnings AND a crazy week!

Disclaimer: I did decide to go to Restoration for many reasons, one of which being a slow down in our family's life. Aside from what you read below, please know that I already feel a heavy burden lifted from my shoulders and a freedom that I haven't felt in 2 years to be a WHOLE mom when I'm not at work.

In the past week, I've raised $50,000 for one organization at a fundraiser, left that organization, started a new organization, helped raise $6500 for a different organization and cooked dinner for 30 for our precious Lauren's graduation dinner. OMG - I'm really tired. I must say that aside from the cooking part, none of this has been done on my own. I was so honored to work with some of Birmingham's most committed volunteers and talented staff while at McWane. Without the volunteer's dedicated support and an amazing team, well, we would have never been as successful with the event.

Likewise, the same can be said for the $6500 event. While less than the big one, well, I'm so excited about what we raised for our little school. As for the dinner for 30 - well, all I can really say is that it's a work of love that isn't as hard as it sounds :)

Then the other major change - Restoration. it's nice to feel like you're going back home. After starting my career in Birmingham with a ministry, it's so great to be back there again. Already, there are so many stories to share of God's providence, grace and justice. Wow.

I'm working on getting some pics from the past weekend, but I didn't take many with my camera. Here are some from the Super Power Party. I'm going to snap some pics tonight at the graduation party and we'll see how that goes. Off to cook!

My friend Laura Rowe, responsible for the incredible food!

Elaine helped us fight fires throughout the night.

Had to throw this one in there. Here's the newest diva in our neighborhood!

Here's my first attempt at this pictures. I must admit that not only was I laughing so hard that I couldn't take the picture - I also about wet my pants!

Thanks Clay! You're my superhero for three hours in the suit. You were the hit of the party and the kids loved it.