May 5, 2008

Crazy AND Fun Weekend

Ellabee's dance recital and Lauren's graduation - not to mention Muse of Fire (Elizabeth's extravaganza) - was this weekend. John and I had a time figuring out our schedule, but here it is Monday and aside from being tired and having two grumpy little girls hanging out at my feet, we made it.

I was hoping to be able to post some video of Ellabee's dance recital, but I can't figure out how to make that happen. If anyone has a Sony Handycam AND Window's VISTA, please give me ring and walk me through the process of transferring video from a minidisc (DVD-RW, VR). If you have no clue what that all means, join the club... so, no video right now.

Here are some pics from the weekend. Many thanks to our many friends (namely the Pickerings) for helping with the kiddos so that we could make it all happen. And my apologies to Elizabeth that I didn't get to make Muse this time around - John and John P got there AND said they were the hottest Metrosexuals in the crowd.

Ellabee and Anne Bailey with Lauren (the graduate) and Donish (the graduate's boyfriend)

Checking out the riding lawn mowers at Home Depot - we went with a smaller model... a Scott's hand push manual lawn mower.

A little dark, but far too cute to not include in the pics. Can you see the joy?

The prima ballerina standing on Truman Capote's star at the Alabama Theater.

The sun was really bright. I was trying so hard to keep my eyes open.