Jun 28, 2007

Altered Reality

I spent the first of the week at camp. It's funny that 25 years later, I still love it. I love the sounds of camp - the kids screaming in the creek, the sound of the radio blasting in the gym, the sounds of the falls (or this year, lack of), singing at meal time. Some things have changed though. As a former song leader, I'm shocked that most of the songs now sung with Chicos are about vomit and killing little frogs. Seriously... smushing up a bumble bee and eating it? The death of a frog by a red truck? Yogi's enemy Ranger Ralph - sung to the sound of vomiting in the background.

Before I went, John told me that I am 30 years old, a mother of two and I needed to stop being childish and come back to reality - he didn't want me to go. After a couple of days of terse words, I decided to dig deep and figure out why I needed to head out to Winnataska. I still haven't figured it out, but after my three days there - I'll be back next year. Reality or not.

I came back to the world to a full day at work and a screaming 3 1/2 year old who did not want to go to bed. I still haven't cooked a meal, but I also came back on Weight Watchers, so reality exists.

Anyway, the cats are peeing again on the furniture. Last time we went through this, it was diagnosed as a behavioral problem. We're trying to find them a family... anyone need two cats that occassionaly act out? We leave for the Bay tomorrow.

I haven't been great about taking pictures of the girls lately. I'm just running so much that stopping to photograph it isn't on my to do list. I'll try to do better.