Jun 8, 2007

A day in the Life of a working quasi stay-at-home Mom!

Here's my day - get up, feed baby, get spit up on. convince Ellabee that Dora is not on yet, she convinces me that Dora is "Tivoed" (yes, my child knows what TIVO is) we start Dora. We converse about cheese crackers (Cheezits) vs. a real breakfast... sometimes she wins - most of the times I do. Bathe Anne Bailey, get spit up on. Anne Bailey sleeps, Mommy works, wake Anne Bailey up and feed her, get spit up on. Change a poopy diaper from Ellabee (nope, not potty trained yet). we go somewhere to play or run errands, etc. Lunch time... Ellabee reinstates the cheese cracker argument. She doesn't win. Anne Bailey eats prunes, or peaches, or squash, or sweet potatoes, or something. Ellabee goes down for nap - not willingly, but it happens. Feed Anne Bailey, get spit up on (but it's ok, I'm still in my pajamas). Anne Bailey does down for nap. I work. Ellabee wakes up and finally gets her cheese crackers. Anne Bailey wakes up and eats and I get spit up on. I fix dinner, console Ellabee because Fennigan has eaten the cheese crackers. Daddy comes home. We eat, feed Anne Bailey, feed Ellabee and then the girls go to bed. John sleeps in the chair in the den and I recover from the day.

But at the end of the day, these faces tell the story - it's ALL worth it. Even the cheese cracker part!