Jul 4, 2007

God Bless America!

Happy Fourth of July everyone! It's Wednesday, July 4th and both of the girls have been asleep since 12:30. I should be working, but no - I'm blogging and cropping. I should be cooking and cleaning too, but not today! We're gearing up for Thunder on the Mountain tonight. I've been cooking barbecue for two days and it smells so good that I don't know if I'll be able to eat it. I've been smelling it for two days!


We went to the bay this weekend and had a ball. So much so that we decided to stay another night and left early Monday to get John back for a 1:00 meeting that was promptly canceled the minute he walked back into the office. I've included some pictures from our weekend... oh, and weight watchers update - I've lost 12 pounds!!!! just 88 more to go - ugh... but the hunger has worn off and I find that it takes very little to fill me up. I've also made a pact with John that we will no longer have junk in this house. I actually am going to stop blogging in a minute and go throw out everything that I would consider bad for you (don't worry Toe, not the oreos - I'm not CRAZY).
The Tour de France begins on Saturday - woo hoo! I just don't know who I'm going to cheer for yet. John's cheering for Rassmuson - no way I'm spelling that correctly... but I've figured out that it's not Rasputin who was a Russian mystic pretty much credited with the sparking the Bolshivik Revolution in Russia... I'm thinking I like Levi Lippheimer (again, I claim no responsibility for how I'm spelling these names). Tivo is such a great thing - we'll be watching the tour every night for 24 days! VIVA le Tour!
Here are some pics from the weekend - enjoy!

The Beach Babe, playing on the beach in her life jacket.

Anne Bailey and Daddy - some chill time on the water

Eating Oreos on the Boat - the child still refuses to get in the water. I guess she's the smart one - "y'all go out and float around, I'm staying here with the snacks!)

And Below: Just wanted y'all to see just how very brave she got ...