Jun 9, 2007

Some Changes to the Blog... and Harry Potter

Well, in truth, there's only one change to the blog - I figured out how to add comment options to the end of each entry - so comment away. I guess people are looking at this. I may be diappointed in the long run.

On that note, after uploading the latest pics of the girls last night, I stumbled over to some friend's blogs. I must say, they were much deeper and insightful than mine and I had the feeling of inferiority as I read. Yikes. Am I really that insecure? So then John and I had a long conversation (well, long for our life - about 15 minutes) about why I'm not deep and how others are and how I can get deeper. He said it's because others are reading CS Lewis and Henri Nouwen and I'm reading Harry Potter in preparation for the book and movie release. So I started to think about that. And I would argue that I find Harry Potter to have many deep parts. It's underlying theme is the baisc core of humanity - good v evil. And it's just so darn creative. I mean, this lady created her own world - her own language... how wild is that. and here I am again feeling inferior. I want to be deep. bear with me as I try. Meanwhile, I've just finished Order of the Pheonix (book 5) for probably the 10th time and will be starting Half Blood Prince (book 6) tonight. Henri and Lewis will have to wait on Rowling.