Apr 4, 2008

New Things All Around!

Well, I'm sick of having a ho hum attitude, so like mostly everyone in my family - when stuck in a rut - find a project. I've thrown myself into Shrimp & Grits with a passion and can honestly say that I'm enjoying it. It's rewarding to see a line of stuff that I've made that people value enough to pay for it! One of the best compliments from this week was "it looks just like you would buy it in a store." Well, I kindof am like a store, I suppose!

Work is starting to wind down and while that is something to be joyful about because the last three months have been rough - it does come with a bittersweetness of shutting that chapter of my life and transitioning into the unknown. Don't get me wrong - I am super excited about heading off to Restoration and am very eager to see what all the Lord has in store for me there ... I'll just really miss the revelry of McWane and the fun and laughter with my friends there.

So I've been uploading images on Shrimp & Grits all night and then got a wild hair to change the look of the blog. I'm going to work on that bus picture off to the side down there in the bottom left hand corner. I like the picture, but wouldn't that be cuter if it could be personalized. SOOOO, I'm going back into my roledex of memories when I was writing html in DC for the National Guard to see if I can remember the code. I know it's just a simple direction of a graphic to somewhere out in cyberspace, but I have to remember how to plant the photo out there in "cyber space".

I have no pictures to show (MOTHER EMAIL ME THOSE PICTURES FROM LAST WEEKEND!) other than stuff that I've been making so I won't bore you with those - but I did just want to write... for the sake of writing. Good news to share this week is a weight watchers update. After 3 months of .5 - 1 lb a week weight loss, I picked up some exercise and am happy to report I lost 3.5 lbs this week AND have hit a total weight loss of 65 lbs. Now there's a picture I can show y'all. I stumbled upon this pic from last Easter... it's now my encouragement "before" picture that I'll give People magazine when I'm on the cover next year :)











April 2007 - Easter











A Saturday in September 2007













March 2008 - 65 lbs and counting! 35 more to go!