Apr 5, 2009

Some thoughts on Easter

We're in Easter week. PRAISE GOD! I am very glad (for another year) to see Lent go. I never paid much attention to the liturgical year until I became a mom... and I don't really know why the mom part and my paying attention to it are related, but I think it's because you become very aware of holidays and seasons. Everything is sensitized. The lows and the highs alike. I love the liturgical year because it gives just another analogy for us to explain the Christian life to our children. Why are there hurts? Why is there pain? Why joy mixed in? Who have we to fear? Joy comes in the morning. The theme throughout is waiting. Waiting for the next thing and preparing for Christ. So, we're here in Easter week... waiting for Christ... grieving his death and how we are the reason he was crucified... the silence of the three days and waiting .... and then the resurrection and the joy of that Easter morning. Praise God. Come Lord Jesus.