Apr 1, 2009

April Fools in the Heart of Dixie

I'm glad to see March gone. It had it's highlights, but all together a lot of individual stuff built up to make March stink. Talk about it roaring in like a lion - I feel like it continued to roar throughout the month. I'm so glad for April. April brings renewal and rebirth. The plants and flowers are ready to burst forth, Easter is near...

I headed on my regular routine on Wednesday (today) to the coffee shop. I saddled up to O'Henry's and got my Chai Soy Latte. There was a seat outside - YES! I plopped myself down and began to work... a trio sat next to me and the girl pulled out a cigarette - PERFECT. Her friend pulled up a chair and from a giant case she pulled a banjo - OK, now it's getting interesting. The friend with the cig pulled out her sketch book and their guy friend, an interesting cat with a bowler hat took the banjo and began to pick. The artist began to draw and I had an instant front row seat to some folk music. My day just got better.

And as I sat in the melody of the banjo... the cars driving by... the murmur of friends talking about their day, their struggles and their hope for today... it gives me hope for my April.