Mar 22, 2009

Our first time at the Bay in 2009!

I'm back in the world where you actually get a summer break, 2 weeks at Christmas AND a spring break. So after much conversation, I convinced John to take end of the week off and we headed south to Fairhope! We had a relaxing and fun time.

John spent a lot of time on the bike and running training for the Half Iron Man in May (more on that later) and I spent time with the girls, my mom and my sister. It was nice to be away. I can't pinpoint where my stress generates from (other than deep seeded sin pushing me to try and get it all done) but the Bay was a sweet respite from life in the Ham. It was always a regeneration time preparing me for the final stretch to graduation at the school.

I'm ready for Spring now... I officially have spring fever brought on by the sweet gentle breezes, smell of salt in the air and the aroma of my mom cooking seafood in the house. We came back Sunday and since I've longed for a bowl of gumbo and my feet in the sad on the beach at the house. What a great time we had!



One of the best things about the Bay is that a bunch of our friends either live there or have family / houses to visit as well. My friend Liza brought her kiddos over for an afternoon playing in the water (the kids turned purple) and just spending time together in the sun. Her cousin came with her boys and Ellabee and Glenn became fast friends.

A five year old's version of "Stand together guys and smile for a picture" Hilarious!

In that Mobile is the site of the ORIGINAL North American Mardi Gras, the girls got a bag of throws from friends who are members of a crew. The beads are a huge hit... as are the headbands and stuffed animals. Throw me some beads MISTER!

Of course, Spring means baseball for the boys, so we hit two practices while we were there. Chancellor is the #1 pitcher on his team... not that I'm surprised. The boy has pitching in his blood - many generations back.

The girls enjoyed the scrimmage game for about 27 minutes and then it was over. This is right before the melt-down, but I thought it was precious.. spending time with their daddy in the press box.

Throughout the week we'd miss Anne Bailey and out she'd come from Maw Maw's closet with a new form of footwear. That girl's got the shoe bug plaguing the other women in her family.

Walking down the pier with Daddy...