Mar 1, 2009

Is it March that Comes in like a Lion?


If it is, I think it should say, "March roars in like a Snow Leopard". It sure did this morning! While the meteorologists have been saying "snow showers" all week - I NEVER imagined that we'd wake up to a winter wonderland this morning. At 6 AM our door burst open and Ellabee entered the room proclaiming that the snow had come. John decided to get up with her and allowed me to sleep until Anne Bailey was ready for her day to begin.

Daddy and Ellabee's early morning snowman.

The view from our front yard.

We started the day with hot chocolate and then a few walks visiting neighbors, making snow angels and a big snowman. We spent some time with Mama Margaret and Papa Frank and then settled in for a lazy day, which included John hopping on his bike for a inside 1 1/2 hour ride... training never stops.
Running off to find arms for our snowmaiden.

My Carolina Jasmine was about to be in full bloom. Oh Well.

Our snow maiden (a lady because of our daffodil eyes)

The snowmaiden makers

John, of course, couldn't miss ONE day of training. UGH

I slipped an ancient VCR tape and now as I write, we're watching The Sound of Music. The girls aren't as into it as Mommy but I'm surely enjoying singing "Doh, a deer" and all the other favorites.