Jul 15, 2008

Sittin' on the Dock of the Bay - not really Wastin' Time

So, I've figured out that this trip to the Bay is really a trip to the bay for the girls wehre I will return home exhausted... which means it's a good thing that I head out for a girls weekend Saturday with my peeps for a night at Ross Bridge (including a massage at the Spa which I've been trying to get since Mother and Daddy gave me a gift certificated for Mother's Day).

Seriously though, the week so far has been delightful filled with lots of time on the Bay, watching children play, laughing at Anne Bailey navigate the water and Ellabee learn to fish (or pish).

I'm not complaining!  But I don't think those who don't have children realize that just because you are in an "exotic" location with your children doesn't mean that they cease to be... well, children.  They still need to be fed, beds still have to be made (and stripped if you have bedwetters among the crowd), bo-bos still need to be kissed, 19 months olds still must be entertained and the safety issue is increased even more so because there's a "pool" about a mile wide and 200 yards long and 40 feet deep right in the backyard.

However, you can't beat the breeze, the view, the sound of the pelicans overhead and the joy of being with family.  Here are some pictures from our time at the Bay so far:

Aunt Tori came for a visit on Saturday with Anna Katherine.  The girls had such fun playing on the beach.

These young men are quite the fishermen.  Garrison and Chancellor went off shore fishing with Mr. Jerry and came home with quite a haul.

Playing in the water with Maw Maw at Devil's Hole on Magnolia River

Paw Paw took some time to teach Ellabee to fish - it's an ongoing project.

Anne Bailey loves being on the water.  This was right at dusk one night before bed time - bathed and ready, I didn't want to risk getting her in the sand again.


The view from where I sit and type.  It's a gorgeous day.

My makeshift office.  It's actually the only place in the house where you can pick up the neighbor's wireless signal... but keep it quiet... it's not stealing but let's not advertise it. 

The cousins are having a ball together. 

Snapper even got into the excitement playing with Anne Bailey in the water.

This was relaxing for about 5 minutes until Ellabee discovered me and then the boys decided to come over and flip me off my perch.  oh well.