Feb 27, 2008

Helmet Hair, Spaghetti and the flu...

So, this week is turning out to be a pretty eventful week, which turns out to be UNeventful. Let me explain. We have the FLU, so while that is definately news in the Stone home, it means we are on QUARENTINE until we are fever free for 24 hours... at this point, at the beginning of our sequestered state things are ok. We're well stocked with Dora popsickles and lots of crayons. Anne Bailey is taking it in stride (as I would expect her little personality to do)... Ellabee, on the other side of the coin... well, she's not very happy to be stuck in the house. Especially when she's not the one with the flu (although I think she's well on her way to being sick... running a fever, complaining of a sore throat... God help me).


Anyway, the entire family now has stock in the Tamiflu company - wow that stuff is expensive - but we figure it's a good investment to make in not getting it or being sidelined too long with it. So, that's our eventful uneventful week.

On a funny note - Ellabee has decided that she wants to be Franklin the Turtle, so we had to fashion a helmet like Franklin's which she proceeded to wear for the entire day... especially while I was driving down the road - what a sight! I snapped a picture from the front seat so you could delight in my child's opinion of my driving ability.
AND, we've discovered that our precious Anne Bailey - who we refer to as Vacuum Stone - has a love of spaghetti...

hoping that her big sister would see her love and decide that she too should taste this delicacy, I gave some to Ellabee as well. She chose a chicken nugget - go figure.