Feb 9, 2008

A Glorious Day at the Park

The weater is here, wish you were beautiful... I've always loved that line from the Jimmy Buffett song of the same name. It is a little ugly but funny too. I can joke because of the irony in my life right now. I'm in Birmingham while my family (parents and sister with her family) are on a cruise. SO, the weather is here, wish you were beautiful.

We enjoyed the fantastic weather yesterday by joining our friends at the park yesterday. It was gorgeous and the girls had such a good time with their friends Andrew, James and Ann Wright. Here are some pics:

Ellabee and Andrew enjoying their lunch from Zoe's.

Anne Bailey and Ann Wright hanging on the playground.

In other news, I had quite a scare on Monday. Laurie, Aud and Capp came over for the afternoon to play and as we were talking I looked down at my hands to realize that my diamond ring was gone! I hadn't left the house so I knew it was somewhere to be found but where?!?! I had just told John that morning that I was worried I would lose my rings because as I've lost weight, they have gotten looser and looser. In fact, I can shake them off when my hands are wet or have lotion on them. Anyway, after a frantic search through the house, dirty diaper bin, trash and every else my hands had been, we found them stuck down in a box of invites I had been working on for McWane. WHOO. I was relieved but promptly took my rings off and put them away. I am now only wearing them when I wear my 5th anniversary ring (it's smaller so works to hold the rings on my finger).

On that note, I hit my 2nd 10% goal this week with WW. 54 lbs and counting.

One more pic before I go - Ellabee has turned into quite the Picasso. She discovered a pink highlighter in a box or something and has been making abstract highlighter art all morning. Here's a sample of her work.