Jan 1, 2009

New Years Celebrations

We rung out 2008 last night with a 4:45 dinner at Chick-fil-a and a trip to Wal-mart. Man do we feel OLD! We had several options for partying and wanted to make all of them, but alas. We were in bed at 9:30 and asleep by 9:45... neither one of us woke up to ring in the New Year. Sounds like a great night to me.

We did decide to fire up the new fire pit in our front yard and cook s'mores with the girls. Of course, Daddy didn't want one... the girls "I don't like this" and Mommy ended up eating them all. Anne Bailey and Ellabee did fill up on about 20 marshmellows, graham crackers and chocolate sticks... I'm not sure why the combination warrants a "I don't like this" but anyway - a good time was had by all.


Daddy had to help Anne Bailey roast her marshmallows.

A funny thing that did happen is that Matt, our former across the street neighbor who now lives up the hill thought John was a homeless man rummaging in the yard looking for sticks... I think it was the 80s era hat - my hat from my youth.


warming up by the fire - for some reason we choose to do these outdoor things on the coldest nights of the season... it was about 35 degrees.

We finally got the fire going... and it went and went and went - long after we'd gone in.