Nov 29, 2008

Things For Which to Give Thanks

Tonight my father-in-law used the word "Gynocological" in a sentence.  Just dwell on that for a moment - it was disturbing for me as well. 

Anyway, gobble gobble friends.  We are glad for the giving of the thanks and a week off from normal life - but I am also ready to admit that it's going to be nice to get into the swing of the holidays.  My house is decorated, the tree is trimmed and we've made our first batch of cookies.  yee haw - it's Christmas. 

The Thanksgiving holiday started with a bang at the annual Dobson family (and many MANY others) Thanksgiving.  There were 50 in attendance this year.  After the madness, which included a rather large kitchen fire which spiced up the evening - thank goodness the sweet potatoes were saved in the trauma.  

My Daddy and my girl's Daddy... ready for the feast.

Spending some time with Paw Paw

The crew from Crestwood Christian Church.  How funny!

The next morning, we stayed in our pajamas for the entire day.  The men left (mine went to run and see the James Bond movie - the others went to kill woodland creatures) and the women (both big and small) watched the parade, dog show, looked through circulars and shopped online.  We did go to Walmart for a re-con mission Thanksgiving evening - but I remained in my pjs for the trip. 

Checking the online ads on Thanksgiving morning.  

Watching the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade

Precious - couldn't resist putting this in here.

At 5:15 am (yep, AM) on Friday, we headed out for the annual shopping trip.  12 hours later and finished with all my shopping (including for my angels from work) we stopped at Jim N Nicks for dinner - YUM.  And I headed home. 

12 hours of shopping... done!

So glad to add Marsi this year to our crew... she is my other sister after-all

Saturday morning, we decorated the tree... made a run to Publix and cooked for the gathering at our house to watch UA stomp AU into the ground - I mean, come-on... before you get mad - isn't 36 - 0 a stomping? ROLL TIDE!  I'm so glad that I don't have to endure another year of obnoxious behavior.  Praise the Lord.... on many fronts - a good weekend for all. 

And then there was game-day.  Anne Bailey had a sticker like the other kiddos.

Can I get a Roll Tide from the under 12 crew?