Nov 15, 2007

In the Middle of Chaos

Ok... I know y'all hear me say alot that our life is in complete chaos... but it really is right now. John and I have had a babysitter at our house 8 times in the past 14 days! EIGHT times - and they are going to Near and Dear (Children's Hospital employee daycare) and have Miss Elizabeth coming Saturday night. And the crazy part of it is that 6 of the 8 times were for work related events. Events. Ellabee can tell you what an event is. I think she's smart - so smart - but I also think that's somewhat sad that she can tell you what an "event" is. Anyway, just what's on my brain right now.

And then there's perspective. A dear friend of mine was diagnosed with breast cancer Friday. She and I job-share so we work very closely together but in addition to that, we are good friends. It's really hit me hard. She's 27 weeks pregnant with her 2nd child, will be 31 years next week and she's just a precious friend. And she has breast cancer. I don't really know what to say about that. It's just like my other dear friend... a dear friend who I don't speak with often but love dearly... who was just diagnosed with MS. Multiple Sclerosis. She's 31 too, three children (under 5) and a dear friend. And I ask God why... why do you allow these things to happen? Where are you at work? I believe in your providence, God... but I wonder Why.

And yet, Romans 5.... Romans 5.

So, I'm sorry I've been remiss in posting. I'm not sure I have much to post about. I will leave you with some Ellabeeisms that I was blessed with this week:

When told that if she let go of her balloon, it would fly up to Jesus -
"Mommy, does Jesus have a lot of balloons in heaven?"
"He does, honey, but Jesus also has a lot of hurts to deal with so he needs balloons."
"Mommy, I'm going to send my balloon up to Jesus so he can have a party." [lets go of the balloon] "fly to Jesus balloon, fly to Jesus."

We've had to discuss what happens when people / animals die (just been asking some questions) - which we tell her that they go to live with Jesus and because Jesus is SO awesome, they don't want to leave. So, when we misplaced blanks for a couple of hours:
[crying hysterically] "has blanks gone to live with Jesus?!?!? I want him to come back!"

So, chaos - with two little people in the middle of it keeping it sane. And praise the Lord for that.