Aug 27, 2007

Nap Time... oh please Make it Stay















Oh happy day - Aunt Tori popped in for a visit and we got to visit with Kat, Tori and Mrs. Long - "Dee Dee". Here's a pic from today. Kat is growing so big! She's holding her head up and doing just great! GO KAT!


On other news from the Stone home, Anne Bailey is doing really well with her eating. I think she's getting ready for us to start getting her on a more normal (family) eating plan... I'm eager to see how much she weighs at the doctor. Ellabee is fascinated with when she was a baby, so we pulled her baby book down from the shelf and looked at when she was Anne Bailey's age. AB is right on track with what Ellabee did, but so far ahead on her weight... well, she's healthy for one, but wow. Do you know that Ellabee weighed 16 lbs at one year old? Anne Bailey probably weighs that now. Here's a pic of her eating her finger food! Come on teeth and then we can start into the fun world of true finger food!

The battle of nap time and bed time has became quite a problem in our household. Ellabee has figured out that she can escape the confines of her room and also that she doesn't HAVE to do what we tell her. Well, that's been going on for a while actually. So, she's also gotten sneaky. For instance, I put her down for what we now call "quiet time" in her room with books, her blanks and a kiss... I did hear the door creak but didn't think too much of it since it didn't slam. Well, I head upstairs about 10 minutes ago to switch the laundry and Ellabee is crashed out on the steps, ASLEEP! I didn't think enough to grab the camera before I moved her to the bed, but how funny!

I'm dying that my solitude of the afternoons is about to be gone. I mean, when am I going to work, sew, cook - sit and stare into space and think of nothing? Ugh, I'm bitter. A bitter mama... or "mom" as she has taken to calling me. Yep, Mom and Dad... like a yank!

Weight Watchers Update: 27 lbs and counting!!! I've gone through my closet already and moved out a bunch of my clothes that no longer fit. They are gone OUT of the house, never to return!