Jun 22, 2009

From New Delhi, India to Prescott, Alabama

The past few weeks have been somewhat of a blur. Well, the month of May would definitely qualify in that category. We were out of town for three consecutive weekends and interspersed in that madness, the girls went to Tallahassee for an entire week with their grandparents. Fun was had by all but boy are we exhausted. June has been a bit more laid back but there have still been some fun times in the mix. We’ve been really enjoying our time on the bikes. The girls are asking to go on bike rides now and while the last 30 minutes are me behind the trailer yelling at them to stop fighting, they want to go every other day.

Our sweet friend Miss Lauren is getting marred in the fall to a great guy who happens to be Indian. For their engagement party, they had a Sangeet. A traditional Hindi ceremony (I really have NO CLUE what I’m talking about, actually), they had a ring ceremony where his family welcomes her into the fold. Everyone had on such bright colors. The food was fantastic and the dancers stole the show. The girls loved every bit of it and I felt (somewhat pride-fully, I admit) pretty proud that we were able to give them this cultural experience.

Alex and Lauren, the groom and bride with one of their flower girls.


Ellabee and Lauren

The children were invited to join the couple in the front to watch the dancing.

After the dancing with the performers

Ellabee and Atticus.

The day after the Sangeet, I headed to camp for our annual week reliving my childhood. Last summer and again this summer I took Ellabee for a part of the time. It was perhaps the hottest I've ever felt at camp. For the love - the heat index was 105 - 110 degrees... You would sweat just sitting still.Regardless of the heat, though... we were at camp and there is never a more lovely place. I'm exhausted of course from late nights, all day sweating and never much time to sit still, but I already miss it and can't wait until next year. The best night of the


The view from the bottom of the falls in the gorge.